Some fans pointed out that it was strange that Eric didn’t go out the window after he heard Bill’s cry of pain in S5E1. But all the windows were boarded up to make Bill’s house light-proof. Of couse Eric still could have busted out thru a window, but his exit wouldn’t have gone unnoticed, and he could have gotten seriously hurt or even accidentally staked himself since I believe the windows were boarded up with wood.
The door was the best exit, but Eric underestimated how fast the Vampire Authority goons would be and that they would have nets.
Also I don’t think he was willing to let Bill Compton get captured by himself. Who knows what deal Bill would have made with the Authority.
Yes, because a wooden board is a real obstacle to a thousand-year old vampire with super strength/speed/healing/the motherfucking power of flight/the ability to open doors with just the power of his awesome.
It’s not like Eric has the ability to kick it out of the window…actually, never mind, he doesn’t even need to. Because the windows were not boarded up. They were covered up in very heavy light-blocking black cloth. Not boards. Not a one.
And as far as Bill making a deal with the Authority and Eric having to go with him to make sure he won’t…Eric HAD contacts within the Authority. He supposedly had no idea Nora was there. It would have much more effective to escape, call his contact up, and arrange something when he was in a position to bargain. If he willingly got captured (which I think he did), it was because he didn’t want Bill out of his sight, and he wanted to see what Bill would do when faced with this situation (which is basically what Eric did tonight, sit back and see what Bill was going to do, Eric was just hanging out all bored and trolling and shit).
And in response to some other statements made about this:
Are you sure he ran thru the front door? It seemed to me like Bill and Eric ran thru different doors.
Yes, they both ran through the front door. There is a back door, probably a side door, an upstairs door that leads to the balcony, all the windows, whatever his whole basement set-up is like. Instead he chose to run right the hell out the door Bill just got captured in front of. Remember when all those witches kept trying to open doors they knew would burn them? Yeah, it was like that.
Eric is not Superman. He makes mistakes.
Superman isn’t Superman because he never makes mistakes (he does). He’s Superman because he’s a goddam alien with super speed, strength, senses, ability to withstand injury, the ability to fly, and fucking laserbeams shoot out of his eyes. And a cape.
Actually, aside from the whole laserbeam eyes, that does sound a lot like Eric. I’m more than certain he has a cape lying around somewhere.
No one is saying Eric can’t make mistakes. People are just saying this is way too ludicrous a mistake for Eric to make unless he made it on purpose.
Because Nora gets shit done. (That’s why Godric and Eric picked her.)
Did I miss something? How was Eric involved in ‘picking’ Nora? How do we know he had any say in the matter? Did I miss a flashback where Godric and Eric are holding hands, strolling through London in Elizabethan times, window-shopping for an addition to their little family? “Oh, my tiny little Gaulish dancer, let’s adopt that one, she has the cutest widdle nose.”
I would also like to add that Nan came with orders from the Authority to give Bill and Eric the True Death, while Nora came to capture them. It is most likely Nora who convinced the other Authority members that Bill and Eric would be more useful alive than dead, so we should be doubly grateful to her for saving our favorite vamps. lol
I’m not sure about that, I think it’s possible capturing Bill and Eric was always part of the plan, to bring them in for questioning. Everyone seemed to know Nora was sent out to capture Eric/Bill, it’s not like she went all rogue. It was only faking their deaths and trying to herd them off to…where ever they were going that was the problem. Why send Nora if Nan was supposed to take care of it? Or was Nora supposed to take care of Nan?
It was more likely they sent Nan to her death, knowing she was no match for Eric/Bill. I mean, she might have been able to take out Bill if she caught him unawares, but Eric…she didn’t stand a chance. And they would assume that Bill would call Eric to his side once he heard Nan was coming, Eric is literally his only sheriff left, and Bill would know he would need back-up. They knew Nan was coming for no good purpose, Bill left his Ceremonial Stake Box open and within reach. Basically, I think the night went down like this:
- The Authority tells Nan to take out Bill and Eric.
- Nan arranges a meeting with Bill, probably at the behest of The Authority.
- The Authority takes the chance that Bill will call his only remaining sheriff in for back-up.
- Bill and Eric are under the impression they are to be terminated.
- Nan arrives with no vamps, just humans.
- The Authority follows behind Nan. There’s no way The Authority arrives there so quickly when they have no reason to suspect that Nan wasn’t able to carry out her orders, unless they were already on their way.
- Bill stakes Nan.
- While Bill is busy showering and changing, Eric was alone getting rid of the guards bodies (if not their heads), he theoretically had the time and privacy to call someone (like his contact or contacts at The Authority).
- The Authority takes Bill and Eric. Since they just killed Nan, they now have a legit reason to give them both the true death, after some lengthy questioning, of course. Nan is taken care of, Fuck-Up 1 and Fuck-Up 2 are taken care of, and their hands are clean. Plausible Deniability. It’s what every government wants.
- This is possibly all arranged by Eric to trap Bill, as they know he is up to no good (Sanguinista??). But now Bill is under the impression he and Eric are in this together, to some extent. Eric is now a double agent, free to observe Bill up close and personal.
- If Eric were an Avenger, he’d be Black Widow.
- Black Widow kicks so much ass.
- If you don’t like Black Widow, then I don’t like you, get thee from mine sight at once.
- midnight828 reblogged this from hsm7
- leashamariel likes this
- hsm7 reblogged this from unreconstructedfangirl
- cantbelieveididthis reblogged this from unreconstructedfangirl
- tbwillfuckwithurmind reblogged this from spuffyfeels and added:
- stankface likes this
- lyrabelacqua likes this
- dana-ashley2 reblogged this from tempella
- personaromantic likes this
- icorrina likes this
- tempella reblogged this from stillhidden
- girlsarewolves likes this
- stillhidden likes this
- switchbladekiller reblogged this from hsm7
- switchbladekiller likes this
- imnotfromsweden likes this
- hsm7 likes this
- worshipping-skarsgard said: I understand running for the door. But he kept running. Eric can fly. Why did he run? There has to be more to it.
- tbwillfuckwithurmind posted this